The Aqua TROLL 600 Low-Flow Sampling Kit contains everything you need to conduct low-flow groundwater sampling with the Aqua TROLL 600 Multiparameter Sonde. Low-Flow sampling equipment is used to direct the flow of water past the sensors of the Aqua TROLL 600 during purging and low-flow sample tests.
The seal between the instrument and the flow cell prevents water oxygenation prior to analysis. The 3-way intake valve can be used to divert flow for sample collection. The anti-siphon check valve prevents back flow at the outlet. The system accommodates 3/8 in. and 1/4 in. tubing, which is not included.
- Real-time data
- Instant data-sharing
- Site tagging with photos and GPS coordinates
- Auto-calibration functions and smart sensors that recognize calibration standards
- Field-replaceable sensors
- Export customizable, reusable low-flow reports as a PDF or .csv file.
- Reduce costs – Use your existing mobile device and avoid buying bulky, expensive meters.
- Save time in the field — The VuSitu Mobile App simplifies data collection, with all well, pumping, and site information in one place.
- Easy data-sharing – Sonde gives you instant results that can be emailed on the spot.
- Get built-in support — Access free, 24/7 tech support right from the app.
What is Low-Flow Purging and Sampling?
Low-flow purging and sampling (ASTM standard D67771) is a well-known method of extracting groundwater samples from a well at a very low rate (less than 500 mL/min) in order to minimize contaminant volatilization and the amount of wastewater generated. Once key water quality parameters stabilize, a sample can be taken with the assurance that it is representative of the formation water. Well-defined federal and regional guidelines are in place to ensure consistent sampling procedures and data quality.
What are the advantages to Low-Flow Sampling?
The low-flow purging and sampling methodology offers several advantages over traditional purging methods. These include:
- Improved sample quality through reduced turbidity and minimized degassing and volatilization. Since turbidity no longer measurably affects sample chemistry, sample filtration can be eliminated, further reducing sampling costs and analytical expenses.
- Improved sample accuracy and precision, allowing users to identify true trends in geochemistry, and avoiding regulatory issues with suspected contamination and costly resampling to explain erroneous results.
- Simpler and less expensive sampling systems, as the need for high-flow purging pumps is eliminated.
- Increased well life via low pumping rates, which preserve the integrity of the filter pack and well seal, and reduce the movement of fine sediments into the well, extending the useful life of the well and reducing the need for well maintenance.
The In-Situ Low-Flow Sampling System and VuSitu Mobile App saves you time and money by improving low-flow sampling efficiency, minimizing errors, and producing professional and defensible reports.
What are the advantages to Using VuSitu Software for Low-Flow Sampling?
- Automated Test Setup: User, site, well, and pump information is retained by the software and can be used at any sampling event. Simply select the sampling location from a pick list at each sampling event and all historical information is available.
- Automated Data Collection: Stabilization criteria are set for each monitored parameter and data collection intervals are defined by time or pumped volumes. The software automatically calculates and displays variance during the sampling event. Data is logged automatically at determined intervals.
- Automated Test and Calibration Reports: After stabilization, stored data can be exported to Microsoft® Excel®. VuSitu automatically generates full calibration and sample reports that conform to federal and regional regulations. You’ll eliminate calculations and transcription errors. Plus, you can customize reports to better meet your clients reporting requirements.
- 1. Aqua TROLL 600 Multiparameter Sonde
- 2. Flow cell
- 3. Flow cell stakes
- 4. Base plate
- 5. Quick Cal solution
- 6. Rugged Android tablet
- 7. Tools
- 8. NPT barbed adaptor fittings
- 9. Check valves
- 10. 3-way ball valves
- 11. Hose clamps
Fittings Kit Contents:
- 3/8" NPT to 3/8" barbed adapter fittings (2)
- 3/8" NPT to 1/4" barbed adapter fittings (2)
- 3/8" cap plug (1)
- 3/8" and 1/4" check valve (1 each)
- 3/8" and 1/4" 3-way ball valve (1 each)
- Pipe thread tape
Flow Cell Kit Contents
- Flow Cell with removable end cap (installed with O-ring and stainless steel sleeve).
- The Aqua TROLL 600 top cap is also removable.
- (2) Ground spikes
Base Plate Kit:
- 12" x 12" PVC, with hardware
Vu-Situ Low-Flow Test Demo
Get a quick look at how fast and easy it is to use VuSitu’s new low-flow feature!